- All aspects of Debtor / Creditor Law (Bankruptcy, Chapter 11, Chapter 7, Chapter 13, Assignments for the Benefit of Creditors and Receiverships)
- Corporate Bankruptcy; Reorganizations; Litigation; Workouts; Insolvency; Restructurings; Compositions; Bankruptcy Mediator, etc.
Al Gomez is a partner in the Tampa office of Johnson, Pope, Bokor, Ruppel & Burns, LLP. The majority of his practice is in the area of bankruptcy law, insolvency, assignments for the benefit of creditors and all other aspects of debtor/creditor law. He has represented clients in all aspects of bankruptcy representation and insolvency matters (debtors, creditors, trustees, assignees, receivers, purchasers, etc.) since 1990. His practice has primarily focused on the commercial and corporate aspects of bankruptcy and insolvency law, but he has remained active representing clients in consumer related cases as well.
Al is AV rated by Martindale Hubbell and has been listed as one of Florida’s “Legal Elite” in Florida Trend Magazine. Al has been selected as a Florida “Super Lawyer” by Law & Politics publication and as one of Florida’s “Top Attorneys” in The Wall Street Journal.
DISTINCTIONS – CURRENT & PAST MEMBERSHIPS
- The Best Lawyers in America© since 2013, in the fields of Bankruptcy and Creditor Debtor Rights / Insolvency and Reorganization Law
- Stetson Law Review, 1987 – 1988
- Admitted to The Florida Bar in 1989; U.S. District Court, Southern District of Florida, 1989; U.S. District Court, Middle District of Florida, 1990; U.S. District Court, Northern District of Florida, 2011
- Hillsborough County Bar Association
- Tampa Bay Bankruptcy Bar Association
- Federal Bar Association
- American Bankruptcy Institute
- Consumer Protection Law Committee
- Big Brothers Big Sisters of Tampa Bay (Former Board Member)
- Board Member, Hillsborough County Bar Foundation Board of Trustees, 2013 – 2014
- Board Member, St. Michael’s Legal Center
- University of Florida, B.A., – 1985
- Stetson University College of Law, J.D. – 1988; Stetson Law Review; Recipient, Theta Chi Academic Excellence Award
WHEN HE’S NOT WORKING HARD FOR CLIENTS
Al spends quality his time with his family, enjoys traveling, being physically active and reading about a broad variety of topics, especially politics, history and philosophy.