Health Care; Business Transactions
Mike Magidson is Board Certified in Health Law by The Florida Bar. Board certification is the highest evaluation of an attorney’s competence and experience comprising only 5% of Florida’s lawyers. Fewer than 130 lawyers in Florida are Board Certified in Health Law.
Mike is a transactional lawyer specializing in the representation of health care providers and health care companies in their regulatory, compliance and health care business matters. He also provides counsel to businesses of all types in their transactional matters from start-up to sale.
Mike’s experience includes the following types of matters:
- Forming entities and drafting and negotiating documents such as asset purchase agreements, stock purchase agreements, operating, partnership and shareholder agreements, employment agreements, private placement memoranda and loan documentation.
- Structuring and effectuating the sale and purchase of businesses, assets or divisions and joint ventures in a variety of industries.
- Representing health care entities including: single-specialty and multi-specialty physician practices, dental practices, billing companies, practice management companies, home health agencies, hospices, surgery centers, diagnostic facilities, anesthesia practices, oncology centers, catheterization laboratories, compounding pharmacies, physical therapy clinics, and chiropractic practices in transactional and regulatory matters.
- Analyzing arrangements for compliance with various health care laws, including the federal and Florida anti-kickback statutes, Stark II and Florida self-referral laws, HIPAA and HITECH Act and Medicare and Medicaid rules and regulations.
- Providing outside counsel advice to businesses on day-to-day legal issues.
DISTINCTIONS & MEMBERSHIPS
- Board Certified in Health Law by The Florida Bar
- AV® Rated by Martindale-Hubbell
- The Florida Bar, Health Law Section
- American Health Lawyers Association
- Florida Super Lawyers, Rising Star 2010, 2015
- Columbus School of Law, The Catholic University of America, J.D., 2006
- Vassar College, B.A., History, cum laude, 2000