Real Estate and Finance, Corporate Transactions, Business and Banking Law
Will handles a broad range of complex commercial real estate and corporate issues for his clients throughout Florida and the entire Southeast. His clients include developers, investors institutional private equity funds, EB-5 developers and funds, as well as high net worth individuals and their associated family offices. He also regularly counsels clients on corporate securities and financing related matters. Representative engagements include serving as lead counsel on the development of a 15-acre mixed-use project, negotiating a portfolio of ground leases for a fast-growing restaurant chain, handling all financing negotiations (including FNMA) for a multi-family owner/operator, counseling a private lender client on the purchase (and subsequent modifications) of commercial loans, the sale of a portfolio of limited-service hotels, and representing the developer of an affordable housing project utilizing tax credits.
DISTINCTIONS & MEMBERSHIPS
- Business Observer, “40 Under 40”
- Super Lawyers “Rising Star”
- Florida Trend’s Legal Elite, “Up and Comer”
- Habitat for Humanity, Past Member Board of Directors, Pinellas County
- Shorecrest Preparatory School, Board of Directors
- Connect Florida, Statewide Leadership Institute, Inaugural Class, 2010-2011
- Gold Pin Recipient, Bay Area Volunteer Lawyers Program (Bay Area Legal Services) Pro Bono Service Awards, 2009
- Real Estate Investment Council of Tampa Bay (REIC), Board of Directors, Past President
- Real Estate Investment Council (REIC), Founder, Young Professionals
- Israel Bonds, Recipient of Inaugural “Young Leadership Award”, 2013
- Temple Beth-El, St. Petersburg, Florida, Past Chairman of Personnel Committee
- A Baseball Community, Finance Sub-committee
- RPPTL Section, The Florida Bar
- Israel Bonds
- Admitted to The Florida Bar
- Yale University B.S.
- University of Pennsylvania Law School J.D.
- University of Pennsylvania, Wharton School, Certificate in Business and Public Policy
- March 19, 2014 “The State of Downtown Tampa Development”
- May 6, 2014 “The Flood Insurance Landscape”
- December 3, 2014 “Multifamily & the Urban Renaissance”
- April 13, 2016 “Meet The Mayors”
- November 9, 2016 “Here Comes the Boom”
- December 7, 2016 “Understanding Agency Involvement in Commercial Transactions” given to the St. Petersburg Bar Association
“The Impact of the Flat World on Player Transfers in Major League Baseball”, with Scott Rosner, University of Pennsylvania Journal of Business Law, Fall 2009
WHEN HE’S NOT WORKING HARD FOR CLIENTS
Will enjoys spending time with his wife, Stacy, daughter Paige and his son Jack.