Johnson Pope Bokor Ruppel & Burns, LLP is seeking a full-time experienced corporate paralegal. The Corporate Paralegal will be responsible for providing legal support and paralegal services on a wide variety of moderate to complex corporate legal matters and projects. Experience with Real Estate and Estate Planning practice areas a plus. Duties will include but not limited to: corporate governance including drafting resolutions, preparing documents for corporate meetings, minutes, and maintaining corporate books; SEC compliance including preparing drafts of SEC filings desirable, proxy statements, and assisting with other required reports; assist with corporate documentation for business transactions, and general support for management and special projects.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Arrange filings, mailings and effecting service for matters in Federal and state courts, government agencies and other parties.
- Assist with the organization of client materials and attorney work product including in computer-based technology, especially Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel and Microsoft PowerPoint.
- Maintain forms, corporate books and databases relating to partnerships, corporations, limited liability companies and other corporate forms, and research with respect to state filing requirements.
- Form and qualify entities to do business in various states and other jurisdictions including coordinating with outside counsel to form entities and prepare formation agreements.
Essential Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent communication skills – written and oral
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Advanced knowledge of MS Office applications, including Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint
- Ability to file documents in state and Federal courts
- Advanced Adobe professional and Adobe Acrobat
- Strong analytical skills
- Trial preparation
- Ability to multi-task and work well under pressure and meet deadlines
- Ability to work independently and as a team
Educational / Job Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- At least 5 years of experience preferred
- Availability for overtime as needed
- Florida Registered Paralegal preferred
Office Location: St. Petersburg, FL
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other
related duties as required to meet the ongoing needs of the Firm.
Johnson Pope Bokor Ruppel & Burns, LLP is an equal opportunity employer. No phone calls please. Please submit resumes via the email below.
Amy Crawford-Hale, Director of Human Resources and Administration
Johnson Pope Bokor Ruppel & Burns, LLP
911 Chestnut Street
Clearwater, FL 33756